Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekly Weigh In: Week 5

This week saw a couple more pounds drop off as I have gotten myself down to 180.5. With this, I have officially crossed the ten pound threshold. Whee! I didn't notice much of a change in the waistline, but the weight is coming from somewhere, so I'm happy.

I've started working out for ten minutes longer each morning, bringing it up to 40 minutes a day, in part to help with things if I can't work out over the weekend, but also to make myself feel better about slacking off with Wii Fit. Now at least I have an excuse as I have to review Top Spin 3, but I won't always have that. Incidentally, Top Spin 3 gives quite the workout as it uses the motion controls to simulate your player's swing, so I'm still getting some video game exercising done, just not as much as with Wii Fit.

Now that I have lost some appreciable weight, the desire to cheat is so much greater because I feel like I've made good progress so I can now let off a little. I will fight this odious desire though, lest I lose all of the progress I've made. I'm enjoying the fact that I can wear shirts that used to be too small and I'd hate to lose progress. Once I hit my target weight, I'll have to decide if I want to keep going to build in a buffer zone, or stop where I am. I'll keep working out every day, but will probably allow myself a little more to eat, and my usual Friday post-bowling Frosty can come back into my loving arms. Other than that, I don't see much changing. The benefit of dieting, other than losing weight, is learning to enjoy seeing a smaller number on the scale more than eating some late night snack, or something similarly bad for me. As long as I keep working out, and enjoy the bad things in moderation, everything should be just fine.

I finished watching The Cottage today and really enjoyed it. A lot of good comedic bits, even if the horror aspect was a bit formulaic. I'll have to see if I can find the DVD to add to the collection. Not sure what's going to be next, but probably The Mist as I can get the whole thing wrapped up before Friday's day off and lack of working out. The weigh-in will be a day early this week as I'm sure I'll be eating more than normal on Friday, so waiting until Saturday will throw off things. Hopefully the extra working out I'll be doing Mon - Thurs will help make up for losing a day before the next weigh in. Either way, I get to be off the diet (mostly) for an extra day this weekend, two actually as I get Monday off from work, so I don't really care. I'm all about the long term goals so a few extra days of eating, or fewer days of working out won't make much of a difference.

No comments: