Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Potatoes

I asked my wife what to post about today, and her response was "potatoes". I'm not sure what to do with this, however I try to listen to my wife whenever possible as she is wise beyond her years, and happens to be the only person I'm allowed to have sex with, so I try to follow her advice as much as possible.

So, potatoes. As a rule, I enjoy them. Truth be told, I don't know anyone who doesn't like potatoes in some form. I mean, what's not to like? They're starchy, which makes them filling, and they go well with pretty much anything. Butter? Check. Sour cream? Check. Bacon? Check. I mean, name one other food that can be covered in butter, sour cream and bacon and taste that good. I'm sure there are others out there, but can any of them be cooked, then scraped out of their crispy shell, have their filling mixed with cheese, butter, sour cream and bacon and then shoved back in themselves, only to go back in the oven? Well, sure, cats, but other than cats? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Fried, scalloped, tater totted, hash browned, twice backed, new, red, roasted, in a casserole, in a Shepard's Pie, covering sausage in a dish of Bangers and Mash in Irish Pub, in a tasty stew, kicking it with some pot roast, if there's a way to make potatoes, by God, I'll eat them.

So there you go. Potatoes. Great food, or the greatest food? You be the judge.

No comments: