Thursday, June 19, 2008

Riddle Redux

Yesterday I found out that the contact lenses I'll need to wear for the rest of my life, or until I get cybernetic eyes will cost $46 a month. Minus the $140 a year I get from the insurance, the answer to the riddle "When is free not really free", works out to "when it's $412 a year". Lovely.

In other news, a shiny new phone from Sprint showed up on my doorstop today, a full day after my original shiny new phone showed up. Either the Sprint shipping department heard of my praise for them and decided to reward me with a new phone, or they're the reason that Sprint is having so many problems. Sending free phones to anyone who asks for one can't be good for the bottom line. I need to give credit to my beautiful bride, Linda for that last joke. She'll be here all week. Try the veal.

After a night of blistering frustration, my phone is humming along nicely. As it turns out, the Java suite, or whatever the hell you want to call it, can't run programs for shit, so Gmail's client, and Opera Mini, the two programs I used the most on my Palm, didn't run at all. Bummer. One new Java suite and one Opera Mobile download later, we're cooking with gas. This phone is damn nice, and I'm already having a good time with it, having lost pretty much my entire day to fracking around with it. It even has a panoramic camera thingy where it'll stitch three photos together. Very nice. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of my cube at work so that you can see the panoramic mode in action, as well as how many toys I have. Try and sleep tonight, despite the excitement you must be feeling.

No comments: