Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Words, Just Elsewhere

New Mr. Binky today as well as my review for Dead Head Fred for the PSP. Funny story about Dead Head Fred. I had asked to review a game from GameShark and when the game arrived, Dead Head Fred was with it. I emailed Bill and said that while I'd be happy to review the game, I don't have a PSP. Countless emails later asking just where I should send the game were ignored until it came somewhat of a joke that I had this game and nothing to play it on. Eventually I asked to review Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for the Wii and when I opened up the package, the PSP version was in there as well. Again I remarked that I didn't have a PSP and again it fell on deaf ears.

Eventually I bought the damn system so that I could review the two games, figuring that at least half of the PSP would be paid for with the reviews of the two games. So, fast forward to this month, when Harvey Birdman comes out on both the Wii and the PSP. I ask if I can review it for the PSP, figuring that I can continue to pay the system off, so to speak and I'm told that yeah, I can review it, but the Wii version takes precedence. In short, I had a PSP game for like two months and no system to play it on and once I do get the system, and ask to review a PSP game, I'm told to review the game on another platform. Nice.

The moral of this story is that if you ignore people long enough they'll just do what you want them to. Well, I will anyways. That and Bill is evil.

Oh, and my Mr. Binky column originally had a lead in paragraph that was scrapped for some unknown reason. I'm assuming it was for formatting reasons as once you suggest that the largest video game publisher in the world would be amenable to creating a game where you simulate dousing infants with poison, and that gets printed, there's very little you can count on to be censored.

4 comments:

James Fudge said...

You never emailed me you little scamp!

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

I didn't? Hmmm. I could have sworn I did. Well, it's all good as the PSP has turned out to be a much better purchase the second time around. ;)

James Fudge said...

if you like tactical RPG's pick up Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, Final Fantasy Tactics and Jeanne D'Arc. all three are great.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

I'm playing Jeanne now and I love it. I haven't been able to find Disgaea anywhere but I figure once I'm done with Jeanne and Syphon Filter, I'll look harder.