Sunday, January 20, 2008

Again, I Say Blech

Saturday brought more snow, much to my dismay. The children seemed to enjoy it, and I didn't have to shovel any of my 100+ long driveway, so I can't complain too much. Plus, with the snow having fallen on a Saturday, there was no danger of daycare being closed. That's what we call a win-win. Techinically, it's a win-win-win.

Here are some pictures of the children, Linda and I enjoying the snow. Note the immense, rolling hills of the Hyphenridge compound. Truly a sledder's paradise.

Here the children prepare for their inaugural run down the mountain. Apparently it was so cold that the top of my head fell off.

Wheeeeee!!!

As you can tell, I'm thrilled with all of the snow. I give it two glove clad thumbs up.

Here I put my mad snow surfing skillz on display. Oh yeah. It's why I'm such a hit with the ladies.

Even Linda is not immune to sledding's siren call.

Is it any wonder I didn't want to shovel? And this isn't even the whole thing.

What snow day is complete without a snowman? Ben found one of the arms, Linda provided the eyes , the middle section, and the other arm, and I came up with the pine straw hair, the mouth and the other sections. Abby was oblivious to the entire process.

The snow is still around, surprisingly enough because today it was under 30 degrees for most of the day. I don't think it'll last through the week, but at least the kids got to have some fun with it after it fell. Now that they've experienced snow, it need never snow again in Georgia for all I care. After all, it is part of the reason I moved away from upstate New York. That and all of the dire wolves.

2 comments:

James Fudge said...

Cute!


Hey even if you'd had to shovel all that snow, at least the kids enjoyed it. BTW i'll trade you - we can't stop getting snow - that's a dusting compared to the snow we've gotten this year....

bill abner said...

You do indeed have mad skillz.