Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Argh

This was how I spent my work day today. I worked from home, which is important to note. Here goes:

1. Connect to my work's VPN.
2. Log in to my machine with Remote Desktop.
3. Work for approximately a minute.
4. Lose my connection to the VPN.
5. Reconnect to work's VPN.
6. Wait for Remote Desktop to reconnect.
7. Work for approximately a minute.
8. Repeat for steps 1 - 7 for about eight hours.

It was not fun. I have no idea why I couldn't stay connected to my stupid VPN but I seem to have narrowed it down to the router. Why the router would all of the sudden decide to deny me access to my work's network is beyond me but I was not pleased. What makes me even less pleased is the fact that the router isn't all that old, but yet old enough to not be returnable. Thankfully I don't work from home very much, and I still have high hopes that our intrepid IT staff can figure out what's wrong. We'll see. If not, I'll just have to take future working at home days one 55 second interval at a time.

No comments: