Saturday, November 17, 2007

Updating the List

A post on a Saturday? What the hell? I know. Try not to get used to it, I'm just doing this until I get back in everyone's good graces, then I'm going back to posting every other month.

The list mentioned in this post's title is my list of bands I want to see live before I shuffle off this mortal coil. It is, admittedly, a short list, however it's about to be 100% crossed off. Today, I purchased two tickets for the April 25th Philips Arena performance by a one Mr. Bruce Springsteen and his E. Street Band. Yes, that's right, soon Bruce, my beloved Bruce, will join Eric Clapton and Pearl Jam in beautiful, crossed off status. I'm sure he's very excited. I know I am.

Tickets were hella expensive, with the pair running us over 200 bucks, but as I told the wife on Thursday when I learned that tickets would be on sale today, whatever the cost, baby, whatever the cost. To be honest, it kind of bugs me that I would spend this much, as I'm not too keen on the idea that tickets for these shows are priced out of the realm of what any normal human should pay for them, but hey, the list calls and we must all obey the list. This will also mark the first time in over five years that Linda will be attending a rock show with me. After what will probably a three hour show, this will probably do her well for at least another ten years.

The show isn't until April 25th, so there's plenty of time for things to get canceled, but for now, I'm quite excited, knowing that in a five short months, I'll be taking a stroll down Thunder Road.

Bruuuuce!!

No comments: