Friday, November 02, 2007

I Live to Serve

Because Booster asked for it, and he's one of the classiest cats I know, here are my admittedly crappy pictures from the Jimmy Eat World show. I will post pictures of my tattoo at some point after Saturday. How's that for committed?

It's hard to tell Anita Robinson's attractiveness factor from this picture of Vida Voce, but trust me, she's cute as hell and she can make that guitar wail. If you look hard enough, you can see the suede boots. Rowr!

Here's Jimmy Eat World, early on in the show before the gauntlet of Rock was truly thrown down.

Due to a combination of our seats and the light show, Tom Linton (the guitarist) spent most of the show bathed in light, thereby strengthening the possibility of supernatural origins for him. It was quite bright at times, as evidenced in this shot.

Here, Tom begins his ascent to the Mothership.

A lower tempo number from the new record as Jim rocks the acoustic guitar. Even dimly lit, Tom commands the spotlight.


This is probably the best shot of the evening as, for once, the lighting cooperated. It's nothing to write home about, and would have been a lot better had I taken it with the 10x zoom enabled digital camera that spent the night at home. I'll bring it the next time, and had planned on bringing it this time, but I was unsure if I was going to try and wrestle the youngsters for floor seats. Plus, with a t-shirt, two Vida Voce cd's, a wallet, a phone and my keys, my pants were in danger of dropping for most of the show. The camera would have pushed me over the edge to full on flashing.

I promise to take better pictures of the tattoo. How lucky for you!

1 comment:

Booster MPS said...

Anita Robinson indeed! That is one of those shows where I would have been happy to check out the opening act and call it a night. I can't imagine how solid they were.

A couple good shows on the horizon coming here, I will have to share as well.