Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Thanksgiving Shout-outs

I know that Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow, but by the time anyone reads this, it probably will be tomorrow, or later even. Hell, it's always tomorrow somewhere. The problem is that I'll be traveling to upstate NY on Thanksgiving and don't want to make any promises about being able to post. Even if all goes well and we arrive on time, we'll be in a house with no broadband, a place where connecting to Teh Intarwebs take roughly half an hour. For the duration of my trip, I think I'll be rocking the Mobile Blogger and posting via email with my phone. Joy.

Anyway, before I get started on the holiday post proper, I wanted to say that Rock Band is like seven different kinds of awesome. I haven't had all that much time to play it, what with all of the trip preparations, but I've had a blast, the little time I've spent with it. Once I get home and bang out reviews for Manhunt 2 and Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I plan on rocking out like a crazy person. I also plan on playing Mass Effect and spending more time with Link's Crossbow training, which is also a lot of fun, despite the little time I've had to spend with it. Whew.

Now that Thanksgiving is upon us, it's time to sit back and reflect on what we have to be thankful for. It's also time to eat like pigs, but I can't do that here, so instead I'm going to do the other thing. Bear with me while I get all sappy. I promise I won't do it often.

I'm thankful that my family and I are all healthy. That cold I went through was a bitch, but I survived it, thank you very much. I wish my daughter would eat more so that we don't have to worry about her being three feet tall her whole life, but that will hopefully come with more time and more trips to the doctor's office.

I'm thankful that I'm still married to the most wonderful person on the planet. After all, once you find someone who is willing to put up with your need to spend 170 bucks on fake instruments, you hold on with both hands.

I'm thankful for the people who take the time out of their day to come here and read my blatherings. It means a lot to me, and were it not for this place, I wouldn't have met Greg and MQ.

I'm thankful for all of the people I've been able to meet via gaming, especially Bones, as I swear he and I were separated at birth.

I'm thankful for my job as I have the benefit of working with some awesome people. In no particular order I'm thankful for having met and become friends with Hodge, Peters, JW, David and Rock Buddy Chip. Being able to spend eight hours a day at a place you enjoy and with people you like being around is a wonderful thing.

I'm thankful that I still have Dennis as a friend, even if we don't talk as much as we should.

I'm thankful that Bill Harris still writes Dubious Quality so that I have inspiration every time I sit down at the keyboard.

I'm thankful that Bill Abner and James Fudge over at GameShark decided to give me a chance, despite me not knowing a good game review from a hole in the ground. Thanks guys, I very much appreciate it.

I'm sure there's a lot more to be thankful for, but I think that's a good place to end it, as I have some new DS games to play. Guess I'm thankful for that too.

Hopefully this Thanksgiving finds you and your's happy and healthy, with plenty to be thankful for. Have a great holiday.

-Brandon

1 comment:

Mister Bones said...

Hope you guys have a safe trip and a very happy Thanksgiving Bink. 'Tis true, we were indeed separated at birth. Sorta like Arnold and Danny Devito in Twins.