Friday, March 21, 2008

Nothing to Say

As hard as I may try, I find myself with absolutely nothing to say today. Truthfully, there's not a lot going on, which is a good thing. Tomorrow night Hodge and I will travel to the Variety Playhouse to take in Jonathan Coulton but other than that, there's not a lot going on. I'm looking forward to the show, despite not really knowing any of his songs. The stuff I have listened to I enjoy immensely, it's more an opportunity to go and hang out with my fellow geeks. Two weeks after that I'm going to see Iron and Wine and two weeks after that will be Bruce Springsteen. Clearly in Atlanta, springtime makes a young man's heart turn to music.

Next week the first toys from the Transformers Animated line come out and I intend to buy them all, even if it means that the Hasbro Toy Shop ships them to me well after I could get them in the store. I just went on an epic multi-store toy hunt for Grindcore, employing others in my cause as well, so I'm a little tired of the retail extravaganza that is hunting down Transformers. I'm sure once I know that the toys are out there, I'll still go to the stores so that I might fondle the packaging, but I'll do my best to keep my purchasing impulses in check.

Guess that's it. Have a good weekend. If all goes well at the concert on Saturday, I'll have an opportunity for you to help out a good charity as well as score some sweet autographed merchandise in one fell swoop. Words can not describe how fell this swoop will be.

1 comment:

Greg said...

I'm so damn jealous that you're going to see Jonathan Coulton.