Friday, February 29, 2008

No Games Here

My wife mentioned this evening that all of my posts of late have been about games. It's hard to disagree with the truth, so tonight, no posts about games.

Instead I'm going to tell you something about my wife. When you've been with someone as long as Linda and I have been together (17 years in October) the smallest of things serve to further endear them to you. Not sure if it's because you've already been through the big moments and the part of the relationship where your partner shits butter cookies and rainbows and can do no wrong, and now you're living with a real life person with quirks and things that annoy you and as such, it's small things that matter more to remind you why you love them so damn much.

I don't know. At any rate, we have this store by where I work called "Boca Bargoons". I couldn't tell you what's in it, but it appears to be eastern Indian and other Asian home items, and possibly carpets. It doesn't matter. What matters is that every time we pass the store, Linda says "Boca Bargoooooooons" in this silly, kind of way where it's like she's trying to a very bad Indian accent and hold out the oooooo part for a bit. It's just a silly thing she does, one of many. Wednesday, I found myself with nothing to do at lunch, and playing games on my DS was only making me fall asleep. I decided to go on a toy hunt to a Walmart that's fairly out of my way. To do so, I had to pass Boca Bargoons, and once I saw the store, without warning, in popped my head Linda saying "Boca Bargoooooooons". It caught me off guard, and it made me laugh, which is yet another reason why I love her, because she puts things in my head that catches me off guard and makes me laugh at the same time.

It's a little thing, but it's enough.

No comments: