Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

What a fantastically awesome 4th of July I've had!

First, based on some tips from people on the TFW2005.com boards, we headed to the Target in Buckhead to see if I could score some elusive Wave 3 Transformers: Animated deluxe figures. For our efforts I was rewarded with Oil Slick, Soundwave and Snarl. Alas, Jazz was AWOL, and despite the price scanner stating that there were more figures in the back, a call to the back room brought news that all of the figures were out. I find this hard to believe, but what choice did I have but to believe them?

After that, we headed to the nearby Walmart to look for a bed for Ben and while we didn't find a bed, I did find one of every Marvel Transformer! Score! I completely cleaned out the store, buying Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man and Venom for myself and a Spider-Man for Ben. As much as a callous bastard as I make myself out to be, when presented with the opportunity to teach my son about the joys of robot superheroes that turn into motorcycles, I don't back down.

After all of the retail excitement, we headed home and I grilled up some peppers, onions and spicy Italian sausage for dinner. The sandwiches, along with Linda's kick ass macaroni salad made for quite the tasty meal.

Now there's nothing left but to sit back and watch the dogs shit themselves in fear from the inevitable fireworks. Can't wait!

Here's hoping that your 4th of July is a good one. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: