Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

So I'm playing Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword for GameShark and I'm about half way into it. Having never played a Ninja Gaiden game before, I wasn't sure what to expect. The only thing I knew about these games before playing this one was that the one on the Xbox was horrendously difficult. Thankfully, the difficulty is ramped way down for this one.

The stylus only control is nice, however it's not as elegant as it was in Phantom Hourglass. That being said, it is cool as hell to make Ryu jump in the air and then just by drawing a few strokes, slash the crap out of your enemies. It's not as precise as I'd like it to be, and too many times, a sword stroke will be translated as a movement, causing me to leave a room I didn't want to leave. It's not that I don't want to be rude to whatever monsters were throwing me a tea party, more that if you leave before killing everyone and then reenter the room, you have to fight them all over again. Bummer.

Honestly, it kind of feels like a poor man's God of War: Chains of Olympus. Maybe it's because God of War looked so good and controlled so well to then play something that doesn't look as good (although admittedly, it looks pretty good for the DS) and doesn't control nearly as well, it's a bit of a let down. If I hadn't played God of War, my opinion might be different, but maybe not. With God of War, I didn't want to put the PSP down, with this game, I'm good for about an hour, and then I'm ready to do something else. We'll see if my opinions change as I progress. I need to be done with it by middle of next week, so you won't have to wait that long to find out. Try and find something to do to pass the time.

No comments: