True to form, once I received payment, I made a payment of 100 dollars to Child's Play. Hopefully they can use the cash to get some kids some cool ass toys.
This whole charity auction thing is a bunch of fun and I'm already thinking of what I can do for the next one. Depending on who comes to DragonCon, I may be able to score some good autographed stuff to put on sale. Don't worry, I also have non-DragonCon related ideas, I just need to get my ass in gear and get to work.
I wanted to give a big thanks to the following people for helping with the auction:
- Thanks to everyone on my XBLF gaming message board for getting the bidding started and for ensuring that at the minimum, I'd bring in 25 bucks.
- Thanks to CheapyD at CheapAssGamers.com for posting about the auction and for bidding on it.
- Thanks to Bry at the JonathanCoulton.com forums for being so supportive and for keeping the auction on everyone's minds.
- Thanks to Bill Harris and Bill Abner for posting about the auction on their personal sites.
- Thanks to Hodge who stood in line and bought JoCo merchandise for us while I got the coveted autograph.
- Finally, thanks to Jonathan Coulton for being so supportive and for taking the time to chat and provide the autograph.