Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Auction Results

The auction for Child's Play ended today and I'm glad to report that the winning bid came in at a whopping 100 bucks. That is well over what I hoped it would bring in, so I'm super thrilled that it was as successful as it was.

True to form, once I received payment, I made a payment of 100 dollars to Child's Play. Hopefully they can use the cash to get some kids some cool ass toys.

This whole charity auction thing is a bunch of fun and I'm already thinking of what I can do for the next one. Depending on who comes to DragonCon, I may be able to score some good autographed stuff to put on sale. Don't worry, I also have non-DragonCon related ideas, I just need to get my ass in gear and get to work.

I wanted to give a big thanks to the following people for helping with the auction:
  • Thanks to everyone on my XBLF gaming message board for getting the bidding started and for ensuring that at the minimum, I'd bring in 25 bucks.
  • Thanks to CheapyD at CheapAssGamers.com for posting about the auction and for bidding on it.
  • Thanks to Bry at the JonathanCoulton.com forums for being so supportive and for keeping the auction on everyone's minds.
  • Thanks to Bill Harris and Bill Abner for posting about the auction on their personal sites.
  • Thanks to Hodge who stood in line and bought JoCo merchandise for us while I got the coveted autograph.
  • Finally, thanks to Jonathan Coulton for being so supportive and for taking the time to chat and provide the autograph.
If you took time out of your day to check out and bid on the auction, thanks to you too. If you didn't, go to hell.

Kidding!

No comments: