Friday, October 05, 2007

Also Also Wik Premiere Madness

We watched Pushing Daisies last night and so far it's tied with Reaper for the best new show. Both of these seemed to be hitting all cylinders right out of the gate with none of the tenuous "we don't know what the hell we're doing" first steps to common in new series. All of the characters are great, and Ned and Chuck are so damned cute as a couple that it's hard not to like them. For some reason, the show is vewy, vewy, quiet, so when the commercials come on, it's like they're advertising Ford trucks with a jet engine, but other than that, I think it's a great show. It will be interesting to see how it progresses as time goes on. We gave Bionic Woman another shot as well and right now I'm not confident that we'll stick around for an entire season. Ditto for Chuck, however I've read that Chuck really picks up with this next episode.

Supernatural is primed and ready and Friday Night Lights starts tonight so all will be in place until next year's return of both Lost and Battlestar Galactica.

I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass like a madman of late and I am enjoying it, however not as much as I think I would be were I not reviewing it. A big part of Zelda is taking the time to figure out all the various temples, time I don't feel like I have if I'm going to finish the review in time for my 10/18 deadline. It's still a great game, and anyone with a DS should own it, but I think I'd enjoy it more if I could take it my own pace. I usually try and avoid reviewing games I have an interest in, for just this reason, however it's hard to turn down 50 bucks for a game I was going to get anyway, and most likely finish in a two week time period. I'm going to try and save a lot of the ocean exploring and side quests for when I have the time to just relax with it. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for another crazy exploration game what with all of the Metroiding I've been doing lately. I don't know.

I did manage to play a few multiplayer rounds of Halo 3 and nothing seems terribly different. If you have any skill at playing Halo I'm sure there's loads to be excited about, however I don't, so it's just me getting killed in shinier, more brightly lit environments. Some of the new weapons are cool, however I always get killed once I pick them up, and the equipment seems like it'd be useful. I have a bad habit of deploying said equipment on hills where the device in question proceeds to roll away from me and then turn on while I stand there and get shot in the larynx for the 19th time. We had the misfortune of playing some truly boring game types on Friday night, so I'm hoping tonight will prove to be more interesting. Eventually I'll get my co-op on get to the story so that I can be equally unimpressed with the single player portion. Can't wait.

In soccer news, we actually scored a goal, several actually, in our past game, so the scoring drought is officially over. I'd like to see us continue to score, however now that the pressure is off, I honestly don't care. I don't think I'll be coaching again any time soon as it's just too much of a hassle for both Linda and I. Once Abby can play, I'll gladly coach her team as Ben won't have any problems understanding that he can't just run out into the field mid-game, bearing the gift of Cheezits. As it stands now, Linda has to watch the games from afar to keep Abby entertained and not screaming. That's not exactly a fun way to spend a Saturday morning, so I'll have to put away my Coach Taylor hat until she's old enough to not be such a pain in the ass. I still reserve the right to call Linda "Mrs. Taylor" though, and none of you can stop me. None of you!

Dieting sucks, in case you didn't know it. I'm hoping that at some point it will become easier, or I just learn to be OK with the extra weight I've put on and stop all this nonsense. If I were a betting man, I'd say put your money on that last one.

No comments: