E3 was a hoot as well as being supremely weird. During E3 I did the following:
- Crashed a fashion show/PR party
- Got manhandled by Mickey Rourke's bodyguard
- Fawned excessively over Mark Sheppard (Romo Lampkin from BSG)
- Fawned excessively over Tom Chick (nicest guy ever)
- Stopped N'Gai Croal and Brian Crecente in the hall so that I could fawn over them (both are very nice and accommodating)
- Saw Joe Madureira from afar but he was busy so I couldn't fawn over him locally
- Rode in an elevator full of four foot tall, hysterically laughing Latinos
- Heard a bunch of PR bullshit
- Played a bunch of games
Once I got home a ton of stuff to write about, which I completed. Now all I have to do is transcribe an interview and then get to all of the emails to PR folks to thank them for showing us around and then beg them for games. Oh the life of the games reviewer. Truly, I have no shame.
Oh, and the people working at High Voltage Software and Harmonix are quite possible the nicest people to ever walk the planet.
I have more to write about involving Transformers and new projectors, but I'll do that later. Don't want to go crazy on the first day back.