Friday, August 03, 2007

A Lesson on Value

Let's say you buy a set of three movies on DVD. For the sake of argument, let's call it the Die Hard Trilogy. Three movies for 26 bucks may seem like a great deal, but what if you already own Die Hard? Well, 26 bucks for two movies is less of a great deal, but, in the interest of complicating matters, let's say there's a ticket in the box for $8.50 off of an admission for Die Hard 4. Is this still a good value?

This is a trick question. The answer is "no" because I'm too fucking stupid to realize that the goddamn movie ticket had a goddamn expiration date, particularly an expiration date of July the goddamned 21st. Arrggh. Further compounding the insult is that not a week or two after I bought the set, the individual movies were on sale at Circuit City for $7.50 each. Nice! I honestly thought that I'd go to the movie, but alas, I'm too damn lazy. In my defense, once I work a full day and then make dinner and get the kids put to bed, going to a movie takes a supreme effort. Oh well, something to grow on for the future.

In other news, I'll be reviewing Picross for the DS for GameShark soon. In the meantime, I'm going to pull an IGN and say if you like logic puzzle games, you'll love Picross!!!!!

I saw the robot replicas versions of Barricade and Megatron today. In a nutshell, they're action figues of the Transformers in robot mode. In a slightly bigger nutshell, they're butt ugly and hopefully super poseable because otherwise, there's really no reason to buy them unlike you like spending 10 bucks on an ugly toy that doesn't turn into anything. I don't really know who these would be marketed towards as the transforming inherent in Transformers is what makes them so much fun. These figures are decidedly less fun and might actually cross over into anti-fun.

1 comment:

Mister Bones said...

Yeah those are some fugly "action figures". I toyed around with the notion of buying them for the kid in the hopes that at least they'd be Trainsfoamas that i would't have to continually change from car to bot and back again, but then common sense set in and I envisioned lengthy arguments as to why his new Barricade won't turn into a Peese cop.