Thursday, May 19, 2005

Back Again

Howdy.

Well, I'm back. Well, sort of. I mean, I'm here, but I can't say it'll be in the same form as before. As usual, I'm getting ahead of myself. It's me, SuburbanJoe, he of the lawn mowing and the disdain for Japanese beetles. Hi. How are you? It's been a long time. Sure, I've been here and there, message boards, Catspit, etc, but nothing of substance. Actually, speaking of Catpsit, thanks much to Andy for letting me post on his site as it got me back into posting. Sure, I haven't been doing it much lately, but it's only because I'm incredibly, incredibly lazy. Some things never change.

So, what has changed? Well, last we left it, I wasn't posting because the infertility business that me and the missus were going through had sapped my will to communicate about things as stupid as lawns and portable, pre-cooked meat products. The missus and I decided to stop undergoing infertility treatment (the insurance money ran out) and instead pooled our massive resources to adopting a child from Russia. Said adoption went relatively smoothly and we were blessed with a son. You'll be hearing about him from time to time as he takes up a considerable amount of my time. Damn him. Anyway, now that I have a child, I'm back to feeling as if the world cares about what I listen to when I mow the lawn. And, to be honest, I don't have a lot else to do. Kidding.

I don't know if this will take the same form as the last time, but at the same time, I would imagine that the few people reading this that actually remember the last time are so small they could be counted on the hand of someone who has significantly fewer fingers than you or I. Granted I don't know how many fingers you have, but the previous sentence only works if you have 5 (or more) so if you don't, just keep that to yourself.

I do hope to post on something that vaguely resembles a schedule, even if it means it's just a quick sentence to tell you how cool say, Virtua Tennis on the PSP will be. Way fucking cool, for those of you keeping score at home.

So, in summary, SuburbanJoe is back, he has a kid, he's still married (yay for him), he still writes incredibly long sentences, he has no idea how many fingers you have and he'll try to post on something that resembles a schedule. Even if it only vaguely resembles a schedule. You know, like if you were looking at it while squinting, and the lights were dim and you're all like "that's a schedule" and then you turn the lights on and it's like a cactus, and you're all like "dang, I feel stupid." Good times, good times.

No comments: